Monday, June 29, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 6/29/15)

Hola mis amores!

Wow it will be a big week for me! First off, Happy 4th of July!!  I hope you all have an amazing time celebrating our amazing country. Ill send pics next week of how i force my companion to celebrate with me haha (; Second, I will be completling SEVENTEEN months on the mission! Ahhh i cant believe ive made it this far haha. Its super exciting! One month left! And thrid, I will be meeting my new Mission President this Friday! We have a multizone conference. (Which means I will seeing lots of mission friends (: ) Soo youll get lots of pics next week! Sorry we havent taken many this week...
But this past week was okay. A little bit of a scare with our investigators Karmen and Jaime.. we thought they were going to drop US. Her sister is telling her that there cant be another book other than the Bible and satan is just attacking them a lot. They didnt come to church either yesterday. But we went over last night, and we found out they didnt come cause they are all sick with colds and diarriha... so were all good there. Just keep them in your prayers!

We also had a really cool experience with Kenia this past week. We taught her the law of chasity (Always such a fun one to teach haha) And it was actually my favorite lesson ive taught in my entire mission. I asked my companion if we could start out showing a picture of the Salt Lake Temple and start from there. So we did and without telling her what it was, we asked her what she felt when she looked at this picture. She said "Its beautiful... Its a place of peace... It makes me want to go there... Its like Heaven right?" And we just sat there almost in tears. Without knowing what this sacred place is, the spirit testified to her that it is a holy house of the Lord- that it really is Heaven here on earth. Ahhh it was so so amazing! I wish you guys could have been there. She is so amazing. Her baptism is still planned for the 10th of July, but we found out yesterday that she got a job... sooo please keep her in your prayers that it wont interfere with this proccess of hers!!

Well i love you all!! Thanks for everything! LES AMO!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Chynoweth aka Brookie Cookie

Scrips of the week:
Philippians 4:11 "For I have learned, in whatsoever state I am, therewith to be content."
2 Cor. 12: 9-10 "And he said unto me, My grace is sufficient for thee: for my strength is made perfect in weakness. Most gladly therefore will i rather glory in my infirmities, that the power of Christ may rest upon me. Therefore I take pleasure in infirmities, in reporaches, in necessities, in persecutions in distresses for Christs sake. For when I am weak, then i am made strong."

No comments:

Post a Comment