Monday, July 6, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 7/6/15)

Hey family...

Well Im not quite sure where to start... its been a rough past 24 hours. Yesterday, we were supposed to have the baptismal interview with Kenia, but she didnt show up. And on our way home we ran into some recent converts and they werent the nicest. But all of that is okay. The part that ripped my heart out was to get a telephone call from Hermana Neuberger last night telling me that my little Jose Salazar is in the Hospital and is dying..His lungs arnt functioning, and his heart is failing.

I talked with the Asistants last night and story short, I went to visit him this morning in Cuernavaca. I was actually able to see him for about 20 min. He wasnt consious, but I was able to say my goodbyes. They say that he was able to hear everything, he just couldnt respond. Ah i dont think Ive ever had my heart hurt so much on the mission. All I can say is that I am so grateful for the Plan of Salvation. If i didnt know that i would be able to see him again, I wouldnt be able to handle it. But Heavenly Father loves us so much that he will allow these tender relationships exist after this life. I am so grateful for Jose Salazar. He always said that I changed his life, but in all reality, he changed mine. He is so faithful- to the point where he didnt want to go to the hospital cuase he didnt want to miss the sacrament the next day in church. The ward helped out and took it to him though yesterday. He has had someone by his side ever since he entered the hospital.

He will be so so missed in this life. But like he always told me, I know he will welcome me into next life with open arms. I know he is ready to meet his Savior. He deserves it.

Well on the brighter side, I met my new mission President! His family is so so special and im grateful to be able to learn from them too! Ill attach a pic. (:

Everything will be okay. Im fine. Just didnt see this coming.

I love you all and I hope you have a wonderful week!
Con mucho amor,
Hermana Chynoweth aka Brookie Cookie.



No comments:

Post a Comment