Monday, December 1, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 12/1/2014)

Ahhh I still cant believe it is December! Time is crazy! I also hit my 10 month mark this week... woah. Also I hope everyone had a Happy Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving isnt a Holiday here, so we didnt do anything too big haha but it was a good day (: I have so so much to be grateful for! I am so grateful to have you all in my life!

Things are going good in our new area! We are finding so many wonderful people! We found a family that was investigating the church about 2 years ago. Their names are Norma, Abram (18), and Karen (12). They were ready to be baptized and everything, but Norma had been living with her boyfriend. And because they all couldnt be baptized together, the kids were not baptized either. But good news- Norma is single now haha!! (: We are so excited to be working with them and to help them finally get baptized! It was so fun for the mom to return to church yesterday and catch up with all the members! Our ward was amazing with her. They all ran up to her and welcomed her back. I am so grateful our ward is so willing to help us in this incredible work. It really does make thee biggest difference.

This past week we went back to teach Elizabeth (19 year old who doesnt believe in God anymore) And she is so interesting in the Book of Mormon. She has had finals this whole week but has read almost all the introductory pages! Its so amazing to see how powerful the Book of Mormon is. And I am so grateful for it!! She still doesnt want to say kneeling prayers, but me and my comp know that one day shes just gonna say "so are we going to kneel or what?". She said that with us this past lesson but about the opening prayer. (: Made me smile!

We were also able to do a service project this week! There is the cutest old woman in our ward, and we helped her repaint some walls in her house (Mom its a good thing you taught me how haha)! We will be finishing it up this week! But there is nothing better than serving. I have learned so much about serving others here on my misison, and honestly I can say that nothing can turn your day around faster than forgetting about yourself and serving someone else!

I love and miss you all! Tengan una buena semana (:
Your Brookie Cookie



No comments:

Post a Comment