Monday, November 24, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 11/24/14)

Hola mis amores!

It has been an incredible first week opening this area with Hermana Mills!
We have had so many miracles! There was one day where I remember having nooo idea what was going to happen. I was a little nervous, not gonna lie. And throughout the whole day, Heavenly Father guided us and put people in our path. We started out with our first appointment, which went well, and she ended up giving us a reference-her sister! As we went to contact her sister, we ended up finding a menos activo! It was so funny the first thing she said to us was "My husband isn't baptized!" Haha made me smile! And after we talked with them, they ended up giving us another 2 refs. And when we contacted these two refs (one named Lydia), Lydia gave us another 3 references!! It was incredible! And on our way to contact these other 3 references, we found a girl named Veronica. She told us that her parents didn't want her. But her eyes filled with hope and tears as we testified that she has a Heavenly Father who loves her immensely. It was such a special experience for me.

There is also a girl named Elizabeth that we found. She used to believe in God, but now she doesnt. But she said she would like to believe that someone is looking out for her in the heavens. At the end of the lesson, her little sister (8 years old) named Areli wanted to say the prayer and I got to kneel by her and help her say her first prayer. It was one of thee most tender moments for me. We invited Elizabeth to say her own prayer later on that night, and as we passed by later during the week, she told us she prayed!! She said "I said a prayer... but i didnt kneel. But i prayed". Aw it was so so incredible! We will be teaching her again tonight!

This past weekend there was also a huge stake activity where the youth got to be missionaries for 6 hours and come out with us!! My "baby" was Hermana Romero and she was 12 years old! And also a recent convert to the church of 7 Months... inspiration i know! But afterwards the kids got to get up in front of everyone and bear their testimonies. And this cute little girl got up and started crying. Saying it was one of the most special experiences shes ever had, as we sang "I need thee every hour" to an old woman on the side of the road. She also told me she wants to serve a mission. Aww melted my heart.

We also found a woman named Yadira. She is married and has 2 kids. During the lesson, I asked her what she was willing to do to have an eternal family. She replied saying anything. Later on in the lesson, I invited her to be baptized. The spirit was so strong and she answered saying "I will be baptized if it is what I need to do to have an eternal family".

I am so grateful for the love our Heavenly Father has for us. And I feel so honored to be sharing his wonderful plan for us. I'm so grateful I can share the wonderful news that families really can be together forever. I love this gospel, and i love sharing it.

Scripture of the week: 2 Nephi 5:27
"And it came to pass that we lived after the manner of happiness".
Just want to share that this gospel really is happiness! And i know it is the ONLY way to true lasting happiniess (:

Les amo!!
Con muchooo amor,
Brookie Cookie


No comments:

Post a Comment