Monday, November 10, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 11/10/2014)

Hola Hola! Things are great here in Palmas (Cuernavaca)! We had a huge blessing of 8 investigators come to church yesterday! Its amazing to see the Spirit work in them and to see their progression.
Me and Hermana Mills had an experience yesterday that i want to share with you. It was about 7 at night and we were looking for a woman named Lucy. I had only seen her house one time and it was in the dark, so I didn't know exactly where it was. And as I was telling my companion I wasn't sure where it was, sure enough Lucy popped out of her door and said "Hermanas can you come visit me?" She isn't doing too well, she has no support from anyone-both her brother and dad died, and has been looking for a job for a very long time. And yesterday she hadn't eaten anything because she had no money. I cried with her as she expressed her hurt. She told us she felt like Heavenly Father doesn't answer her prayers (She has been praying for a long time to find a job). But she also told us she had been praying right before we got to her house for us to come, cause she loves the feeling we bring into her home. We helped her realize that this was an answer to her prayer.. that Heavenly Father was and is aware of her situation. My companion later on promised her that if she said only prayers of gratitude every day this week, that she would find a job. And she happily agreed to the challenge.
Im so grateful for every thing my Father in Heaven has given me. As I look all around me, I cant believe how blessed I am. And I realized I need to give prayers of more gratitude to my Heavenly Father.

For the scripture of the week I want to share Doctrine and Covenants 122: 5-8:

"If thou art called to pass through tribulation; if thou art in perils among false brethren; if thou art in perils among robbers; if thou art in perils by land or by sea;

 6 If thou art accused with all manner of false accusations; if thine enemies fall upon thee; if they tear thee from the society of thy father and mother and brethren and sisters; and if with a drawn sword thine enemies tear thee from the bosom of thy wife, and of thine offspring, and thine elder son, although but six years of age,shall cling to thy garments, and shall say, My father, my father,why can’t you stay with us? O, my father, what are the men going to do with you? and if then he shall be thrust from thee by the sword, and thou be dragged to prison, and thine enemies prowl around thee like wolves for the blood of the lamb;

 7 And if thou shouldest be cast into the pit, or into the hands of murderers, and the sentence of death passed upon thee; if thou be cast into the deep; if the billowing surge conspire against thee; if fierce winds become thine enemy; if the heavens gather blackness,and all the elements combine to hedge up the way; and above all,if the very jaws of hell shall gape open the mouth wide after thee,know thou, my son, that all these things shall give thee experience,and shall be for thy good.

 8 The Son of Man hath descended below them all."

I think this scripture is very clear- No matter what trial is placed in front of us, it will be for our good. Our Heavenly Father only gives us trials because he loves us. He wants us to grow and to be able to return to live with him. And every pain and heartache that we have, our brother and Savior has felt it all. He is the only one who fully understands. Let us turn to him in every moment. I know his arms are wide open to catch us when we fall. I hope and pray that we never forget that we are never ever alone.

I love you all so so very much! Have such a great week (:
Con muchooooo amor,
Brookie Cookie (:

PS: Here is my pregnancy pic from my 9 month mark. Your welcome.
And the second one is me and my comp- we had to do a skit for our multi-zone conference haha!

LES AMO!!!










No comments:

Post a Comment