Monday, July 7, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 7/7/2014)

Holaaa!

First off- HAPPY FORTH OF JULY! Me and Hermana Young missed celebrating the fourth of July! Obviously they don't do anything here in Mexico for the 4th of July haha. But we made the best out of it and celebrated with pancakes (in honor of our annual family bike ride to IHOP).

Second off- I HIT 5 MONTHS IN THE MISSION!!! Can you believe it? Its blowing my mind!
So not gonna lie it was a harder week for us. Hermana Young got sick first and Monday it hit me. It was hard to be stuck in the house all day and not see our investigators. We don't know what hit us, but it was ugly. Finally on Thursday we were able to jump back into the work! I missed it!

So I wanted to share a experience we had this week. Her name is Perla and she is an investigator. We walked to her house and when we got there, a Testigo was there (jehovas witness).. Perla invited us in and we sat down at her table. Before we knew it, the old lady was bashing on us, the Book of Mormon and our religion. She said the Bible is the only word of God. The spirit immediately testified to me that everything she was saying was SO FALSE! We left very quickly after she started, but what was cool to me was that our investigator Perla started backing us up. I know the spirit was testifying to Perla that the Book of Mormon really is ANOTHER testimony of Jesus Christ. The testigo wouldn't let us get in a word when we tried, but we left her saying that we knew the Book of Mormon was true. This was such a testimony builder to me. I've never got so defensive about the Book of Mormon in my life! I know it is true with ALL my heart. I know without a doubt it is the word of God. We have both the Bible and the Book of Mormon to guide us! And I will NEVER deny the truth that book holds.

I love you all so much! Know im praying for all of you. If any of you ever need ANYTHING, Im here for you(:

LES AMO!
-Brookie Cookie your missionary

P.S. funny story of the week: So we have 2 dogs outside our house cause we live with a member. And they would not stop barking. So Hermana Young thought it would be smart to throw them cookies... Later that day she told me about it and she had thrown them Chocolate cookies! She had no idea dogs couldn't eat chocolate! And we didn't see one of the dogs for 2 days so we had thought she killed the dog! hahaha so funny.

P.S.x2 this pic is from us on the fourth of July and the second is my 5th month mark!
P.S.x3 Samuel from our ward (25) got his mission call!!! He is going to Monterey Mexico and leaves Sep. 2nd!!! Ahhhh SO excited! it was crazy to see that white envelope again haha!





No comments:

Post a Comment