Monday, July 21, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 7/21/2014)

okay first off- I GOT TRANSFERRED!!!! I am now in a little pueblo called Yautepec. My new companion is Hermana Carmona. Yes she is Latino and doesn't speak English. But she knows more English than I expected! Its hard, but Its gonna force me to learn Spanish haha. I'm excited to work here in Yautepec... There is a lot of work to do. Not gonna lie, it was super hard to leave all those people I had grown to love. I absolutely loved Chapultepec. The people there are very dear to my heart and I will never forget them. I am so grateful for the time I was able to have there. I have grown SO much here on my mission, and learned SO much! And I am excited to learn even more! Hermana Carmona is so sweet and I know she has so much to offer. I will learn so much from her! She actually reminds me of Alexandra (Rose Caldwell (: ) Yautepec is super super hot... super flat.. well its what you would expect Mexico to be like haha. Its very rural...Super different from my last beautiful area. Haha mom it reminds me of Manti! You prepared me well ;) Ahh I don't like change, but I know this is where the Lord needs me. There must be a reason im here!

So back in Chapultepec, on Saturday Hermana Young and I were able to have a baptism! Her name is Maria and she is so so great! I have never seen anyone so excited for their baptism. She was so excited to follow the example of Christ and to take the name of Christ upon her. It was so amazing to see her progress and desire to learn more. Her baptism was beautiful. The spirit was so strong and sweet.

We also had a very tender experience yesterday. We were walking to church and a taxista stopped us and tried to talk to us in English. He asked us where we were going. We told him we had no money but he said it wasn't important and to hop in free of charge. He told us in the car that he had lived in California some years ago and someone had given him a Book of Mormon. After the ride he ran to his trunk and pulled out his blue Book of Mormon, still in perfect condition. We were able to explain it more to him, and passed his directions to the other missionaries in Porvenir. It was so tender to see how the Lord guides his children to us, or guides us as missionaries to his other children. I am so grateful to be able to wear the name of Christ on my shoulder.

I love you all and you are always in my prayers! Have such a great week (: Les amo!

Con mucho amor,
Your brookie cookie (:



This is my sweet Relief Society in Chapultepec! aww i love them! And the next is my "mom" her in mexico. She loves frogs haha and this was her reaction when i gave her a frog as a goodbye gift!!
This is Hermana Young telling me i cant go haha. 

One of the families i love in chapultec!

No comments:

Post a Comment