Tuesday, July 29, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 7/29/2014)

Hey my loved ones!

Not gonna lie, this was definitely one of the harder weeks in my mission. I don't know how, but literally EVERY set appointment we had, fell. This went on for FIVE DAYS! I have never had anything like this happen in my entire mission. Even some of the food appointments fell! I couldn't believe it! I still am not exactly sure what Heavenly Father was teaching us, but maybe it was to have more faith? We begged and pleaded for him to place his children in our path. We wanted to be useful tools in his hands. And finally, after some long hard days, he placed miracles in our path. It was like a huge wave of his love. He showed us that he is listening, but everything is according to HIS timing.

I want to tell you one of the miracles we saw Sunday morning at church. Fernando and Claudia just got baptized last week and they have a son named Arturo who is 13 and he didn't want to be baptized. But Sunday at church, they whispered over to us and said that when he woke up, he told them "I want to be baptized!" They just lit up when they told us! I was SO happy for them! His baptism should be here in just a couple weeks! They have a goal to go to the temple and be sealed as a family in one year! I know that it was the help of Angels and the Holy Ghost that prepared his heart. And I couldn't be more happy for Arturo!
We have the ball rolling again, and our area is doing better. We were able to put 3 people with a baptismal date just over Saturday and Sunday. I have high hopes for what is to come. The members welcomed me very warmly on Sunday and I am excited to strengthen this area!

Hermana Carmona is the sweetest thing ever! She has such a strong testimony and she is a great teacher. I have so much to learn from her! She also speaks a lot more English than I thought! She wants to be fluent so she told me that she just wants to speak English in the house, so of course I accepted (: My Spanish is improving, but it is still so rough. I feel like I should be fluent by now and well, I'm not. Its super frustrating. I just feel really behind on the Spanish part. Oh and we also got sick Thursday :( She had a super high fever and some stomach problems, and I have had the nastiest cold. It got to my ears... Lets just say it wasn't pretty. But we are both healthy and perfectly fine now so no worries!

Yautepec is probably the hottest place ever. The sun is crazy strong.. didn't know haha got a pretty sweet burn, Ill send a pic!

So my scripture for the week is D&C 121: 7-8 "My son, peace be unto thy soul; thine adversity and thine affictions shall be but a small moment. And then, if thou endure it well, God shall exalt thee on high; thou shalt triumph over all thy foes." This week I was hit hard with the realization that all of our trials really are for but a small moment. Our life here on this earth is SO short. And before we know it, our test here is gonna be over. If we can see the bigger picture during these times of heartache and hardship, we will be able to face them with more strength. I know that the trials that are placed in our path are for OUR benefit. They will strengthen us and help us grow in ways we never thought possible. And for that, I can thank my Heavenly Father for loving us enough to help us grow. He loves us with such an infinite love and he only wants us to reach our potential. He wants us to be able to return to live with him in eternal bliss.
I love you all so so much! Hope you have a fantastic week (: LES AMO!!!

Con mucho amor,
Your Brookie Cookie (:
Ps the pics- Fernelius and Neuberger are in my ZONE!!! SO happy!! The second pic is just a tiny street, its SO green here!! oh and Yautepec is like 12 times bigger than Chapultepec... yup its different!







No comments:

Post a Comment