Monday, July 14, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 7/14/2014)

Hey hey hey! (:

Okay first off I have to give a shout out to my sweetheart Elder Harmon!! HE OFFICIALLY HAS ONE YEAR LEFT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!! Am I a little excited? Yup (: I love you Blake!!!

Okay so our area is growing so much! We had more menos activos show up to church yesterday than ever before! It was a huge miracle for us to see! Our ward is growing SO much! And I was shocked to see how amazing the members were with the menos activos! They completely made them feel welcome again! It was such a huge blessing. Mission work really is for EVERY member. And we need every members help! I didn't realize how important the work of the members was until I got here on my mission. And I am so grateful Heavenly Father has helped me learn that missionary work is not just for someone who has a nametag.

We also had another tender mercy with the Young Women President. She called us and asked us if we could talk to the Young Women and invite them to accompany us! So we happily accepted and when we got there, the girls were SO excited to come with us! They each wanted not only to come with us once, but multiple days! And so far in the lessons, they have been amazing! Their testimonies are so strong! And many of them have admitted that they want to serve missions! The Lord is preparing them now!! Paula (Recent Convert, 13, baptized a month 1/2 ago) said she wants to serve a mission!!! She told us she wants to come with us from 11am-8pm this next Saturday and teach people all day with us!! What a huge tender mercy for me to see her progress in the church. When I first met her she knew nothing about the church and was very hesitant about baptism... and now she wants to serve her own mission!!! It has been SO rewarding for me!
I love this work. It is so rewarding. The tender mercies, miracles and all the amazing experiences cancel out all the hard and rough times.

So I wanted to start doing a scripture of the week! The one for this week is the one I put on my mission plaque! D&C 4:3 "Therefore, if ye have desires to serve God, ye are called to the work." I love this! I know every single one of you wants to serve God. He is our Father in Heaven and he has given us so much. Now I know what y'all are thinking, and yes this applies to ALL of you. You do not have to be wearing a name tag to serve God! Look for the little ways to serve all those around you. Because when we are serving our brothers and sisters, we are serving our Father in Heaven! And how can we serve those around us? Well I know that if you ask the man upstairs how each of you can individually serve others, He WILL answer you. It's a promise.

Well I love all of you so so much! and i miss you! All is well here in Mexico (: Les amo!

Your Brookie Cookie
P.S. Its raining like crazy here!! it downpours! and the second pic is a Tomale! So stinking good. oh and our mission president changed the rule of being in the house from 9pm to 8pm at night! So were even more safe (: ADIOS!




No comments:

Post a Comment