Monday, June 23, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 6/23/2014)

Hey hey hey!

The past two weeks have been great! I am loving my new companion!! Our area is continually growing- little by little! The ward members are so so cute to us! A member brought us over 6 boxes of cookies this week... but no worries we've been bringing them to lessons so we don't eat them all! We have some great investigators with so much potential! The past two weeks Bobby has been working on quiting coffee. He was able to have a Priesthood Blessing from a ward member! He stopped cold turkey and went a week without coffee! He has only had one little relapse! How incredible!!! He went from having coffee multiple times a day to nothing! Ah these people amaze me! 

Haha so funny story of the week- Adriana (new convert) had a refrence for us. So we went a day this week and it was a old man named Lorenzo. He is probably like 80 haha. And he cant hear anything.. and when he can, he cant understand me and Hermana Young because of our accents! So basically it was us talking, and then Adriana would say it again haha! But the funny part is that he had this fly swatter.. and there are so many flies right now cause of the weather. So he kept swatting himselft when a fly landed on him. And so many times he would smack himslef in the face! And finally we just couldnt take it anymore.. We all just started busting up laughing. And it was one of those moments when your not supposed to laugh so its makes it worse.. ahh heck it was so bad! And Adriana tried to cover it up by saying its better to laugh in situations then to be mad, that Heavenly Father gave us the gift to laugh.. I dont even know what she was trying to say! 

Me and Hermana Young have also had some other growing experiences. My testimony has grown so much. We had the opportunity to watch the Restuaration this week with our recent coverts (Adriana, Adriana, and Paola), a ward member (Samuel), and a investigator (Perla). The spirit was so strong the entire movie and it touched me so much.. to the point where I was in tears multiple times throughout the movie. My testimony was so strengthened on Joseph Smith. He was ridiculed, beaten, yelled at, tared and feathered, and murdered for this church.  He never denied what he knew. And I have thought a lot about that lately... sounds a lot like our Savior huh? Me and Hermana Young had quite an interesting contact the other week. We contacted a old couple. And all the sudden the old man started yelling at us. He called us evil, evil, people. As we walked away, I started crying. All we were doing was inviting him to come closer to Christ. We wanted him to have more happiness and joy in his life. And he called us evil, evil people? I was so hurt. But that night the Spirit whispered something to me. He told me that Heavenly Father allowed me and Hermana Young to feel just a tiny portion of how our Savior felt. And now I am grateful for that experience. I cant imagine how our Savior feels when his own brothers and sisters dont accept this wonderful gift that he has paid the price for. 

I love our Savior so much. I will never turn away from the wonderful gift he has given me. 
I love you all so so much! Thanks for all your prayers and support! 
Brookie Cookie (:





No comments:

Post a Comment