Monday, May 26, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 5/26/2014)

Hey hey hey mis amores!

We finally were able to have Adrianas (daughter) baptism!!(: It was incredible!! Everything went so beautiful! Ive never seen anyone so excited for their baptism! She was counting down the days and everything! The entire time she was just glowing and smiling! She had so much support from the ward! It was so so amazing!! Listen to this though- we were about to start the baptism, and all the sudden we see someone open the font a little bit and we saw Adriana and Brother Issac in the font! We were like uhhh whats going on hahah! It was actually hilarious! Luckily someone from the ward grabbed her and got her a new white jumper and then we were able to start! And Hermano Issac waited in the font the whole program hahaha! 

Yesterday in church she was confirmed, and I just pictured the entire room filled with angels that were rejoicing for her! Its so special! The entire experience was so beautiful for their family. The mom was crying the entire time! It went so beautifully that this next Saturday, Adriana (mom) and Paola (sister) want to be baptized!! They set it in stone and announced it in church (:

I also had a really amazing personal experience this week during contacting! Me and Fern split up and I went on the other side of the street to contact. I contacted a couple walking down the street, and without realizing it, I understood what they were saying.. I was also talking in Spanish without having to focus on each word! It just flowed out and afterward I was like NO WAY! The couple was Christian and didnt really want anything to do with the church, but they were friends with a ward member. They even commented how amazing my spanish was and how well I could understand! Even though they didnt want anything to do with church, I was so excited to finally feel the gift of tongues! The woman even gave me a "cheek kiss handshake" (not sure what its called) by the end of our conversation! I was so so grateful Heavenly Father allowed me to have that amazing experience! Earilier this week I had been feeling like my spanish wasnt progressing and just straight out stunk. So it was incredible to have help from Heavenly Father and for him to reasure me! It really is a gift though.. cause I wouldnt have been able to talk and understand them without his help! 

Its also finally starting to rain!! It downpours! Its so fun! And the nights are so much cooler so its easier to sleep! Such a blessing! 

Also another fun short story- We were eating comida at a members house and after we finished, her little girl Alizee came up to us and painted our nails haha! She is 3 and looks like shes 6. I was so impressed! She actually did a really good job! She even put orange polka dots haha (:

The people here are so cute! I love them!

Hope you all have a great week! I love and miss you! Te amo!
-your brookie cookie (:




No comments:

Post a Comment