Monday, May 12, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 5/12/2014) [Mother's Day]

hey hey hey my beautiful loved ones!!

Another great week! I am loving Chapultepec and the people here! They have taken such great care of us! It was SO amazing to skype my beautiful family! I loved seeing all your sweet faces!! and hearing your voices!! ahh the little kidies and raigen are growin up so fast! STOP! please!! just 7 more months and well be skyping again haha! (:

I have been so impressed with Hermana Fernelius! She has been doing SO much better and she has helped me so much these past couple weeks. I feel so blessed to be her companion. She always finds a way to serve me whether its by making my bed, cooking me something to eat, or just encouraging me, she is always doing something! She can relate to me in so many ways I never thought possible! I am so grateful for her!
We had such an amazing experience this past week- We were walking down the street when a guy stopped us and told us he saw us talking to another guy about the gospel. His name is Bobby, hes 22 and he also speaks ENGLISH!! (he did a exchange program for school in Oregon!) He just poured out his life story to us and how he wants better friends and a better life. He said that he wants friends that have the same standards as him and actually understand what really is important in life. We have taught him once and he came to church on Sunday too! The first night we met him, he told us that he has never been mugged and just has faith that God will always protect him. When he showed up to Church on Sunday, he had a patch over his eye and looked horrible. Friday night after our lesson, i guess he went out to get some food and got mugged and beat up.. I couldnt believe it. I felt SO bad. The amazing part is that he is taking it so positively. He was taking it as an answer from Heavenly Father! I was shocked! The advesary works SO hard on us.. and Bobby didnt let it stop him! He stomped on him like a bug!! (Blake i know you love that when I say that (: )

Another cool experience we had this week was with Adriana again! She is so amazing! We got to her house one night and she wasnt home.. and just as we were walking away she walked up! Long story short, she opened up to us about how she was so stressed because she couldnt find a job and they didnt know what they were going to eat. She was also worried about her health. We taught her about fasting and offered to fast with her! So the next day we all fasted and she had a job offer but didnt feel good about it so she didnt go. (She recognizes how the spirit works with her!!) My comp told her she might have her faith tested for a little bit, but we knew she would be blessed to find a job! Another tender experience with her was in Relief Society yesterday. The whole lesson was on Moms and they played a movie and everyone in the room was in tears. Ya this was especially hard for us as missionaries! Especially when it said "Show your mom you love her, write her a card". And i was like uhhhh cool ya I cant do anything im across the border! So at the end of the lesson they had us all hug eachother and I cried in Adrianas arms. She embraced me like I was her own child, tearing up with me. She was telling me something very tender (couldnt understand it all) But it was about how she was so grateful that God put us in her path.

There are definately ups and downs every week, but overall I am just so grateful to meet these amazing people! I am learning and growing so much! And I didnt even know it was possible to grow this much!
I love you all and hope you have another fantastic week (: TE AMO!
ps I got to wear my raincoat for the first time this week! (: we were so excited! now its just hot again haha!


No comments:

Post a Comment