Monday, April 20, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 4/20/15)

Hey fam... BIG NEWS!!!!

My favorite little old man walked into the waters of Baptism on Friday night!!!! Ahhh I wish i could express how happy I am for him!! The service was BEAUTIFUL. He had sooo many ward members there supporting him. And guess who baptized him... My mission President- PRESIDENT KUSCH! We had interviews last wednesday and I asked him and he said yes... (: This is a big deal... like this never happens! Jose loves him though. He had the opportunity to listen to him talk in a stake conference (cause Im in Presidents ward) and after he was just like wow... that man is amazing. So when I told Jose, his head fell into his hands and he almost started crying.

We actually didnt find out that Jose was going to be baptized this week until the night before. He wanted to wait until next weekend because he wanted to have an interview with our Bishop before. And miracously we ran into the bishops wife wednesday to move his interview to Thursday instead of Friday night. And afterwards, I got a call saying he wanted to go through with the baptism the next day!! So me and Hna Skinner hurried and put the whole program together in one night! And i was shocked how amazing it went. The spirit was so so strong. And he even gave his testimony at the end was just the cherry on top. He expressed his love and appreciation for everyone. He said "I dont have any family. But here, I have you all. You are all now my family." There was not one dry eye in the room. I dont think ive ever cried so hard since i left on my misison.. I was just so happy for him and tears wouldnt stop... Haha he even gave me a hard time about it but he told me the next day that he knew they were tears from my heart.

As i went home that night, I was in awe about how Heavenly Father let me be apart of that incredible moment. I cant believe Heavenly Father let me walk by Jose step by step and see his conversion... I feel really spoiled! That little man will be my friend for the eternities.
Seriously the best moment in my whole misison. Aww soo soo happy (: And ive never seen a little old man smile so so big. (:

Oh and uhhh soo i finally got my first "called up on the spot" talk in church... Lets just say that Heavenly Father guided me SO much.. It was cool thought cause I never thought i would be able to do anything like that! And somehow I gave a 10 minute talk in spanish!!

Oh and Annie is doing amazing!! She came to church along with 5 others on Sunday and it was just the best (:

Love you all! Hope you have a great week!
LES AMO!!

Con muchooo amor,
Brookie Cookie, aka Hermana Chynoweth

PS Here are some pics from the baptism! My comp snuck the second one while i was talking to Jose after the baptismal service.



No comments:

Post a Comment