Monday, October 20, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 10/20/2014)

Ohhh hey my dear family and friends! (:

Wow.. so much has happened! Okay so I am back in Cuernavaca! Aw i love this place it definately has my heart! I am not going to be staying here permanately though, its only temporary- like 2 weeks. I am working in an area called Palmas C! And were like 10 minutes from the Presidents house haha. Well to start off, some cities in Guerrero are not too safe right now. There have been lots of marches and protests going on. So we werent able to leave our house off and on for about 2 and a half weeks. And on Wednesday we got a call from the Asistants telling us to pack up and to be in the bus station in 45 minutes. So I literally threw my things in a suitcase and well now im here with 6 other sisters in Cuernavaca! Wahoo! And yes I am here with Hermana Sturt (: I think it was a early Birthday present from my Heavenly Father (: (Ps wierd that ill be 20 the next time I talk to yall?) I am also with my new companion- Hermana Mills! She is from Nevada and has 10 months on the mish! And shes 22 years old! She is hilarious and we will definately be having a good time together! I am also with Hermanas Prieto, Castenada and Sesena! Its a good time! Im learning so much from them! But not gonna lie, i am anxious to get back to my area in Chilpanchingo. I miss my investigators and ward! And Im excited to work there with Hermana Mills!

Okay so scripture of the day: Helaman 3: 29-30
"Yea, we see that whosoever will may lay hold upon the word of God, which is quick and powerful, which shall divide asunder all the cunning and the snares and the wiles of the devil, and lead the man of Christ in a strait and narrow couse across that everlasting gulf of misery which is prepared to engulf the wicked--

And land their souls, yea, their immortal souls, at the right hand of God in the Kingdom of Heaven... to go no more out."

I really do know that this gospel- the word of God- is the ONLY way that we can be lead back to our Heavenly Father. I know that if we are founded upon the Rock of Christ, he really will guide us safely back to our home. We will have the power to overcome whatever challenge or trial is placed in our path. But i know that we really have to cleave upon his word. We have to trust him and grasp to our Saviors hand- We cant just grasp him with 2 fingers, or we will fall. I am so grateful I know the way. I am so grateful I have been blessed with the gospel. I love it wil all my heart. I love my Savior. He is guiding us. And I will do everything I can to help others know it.
I love you all so much and I hope you all have a fantastic week! And please dont worry! We are all safe, President is just taking precautions. All is good (:

LES AMO!
Con mucho mucho amor,
Brookie Cookie

Oh Ps my old comp Hna Canaan will be serving somewhere here in Cuernavaca and Hna Iles will be serving with Hna Young (My old comp!!) in her area in Chilpo when we go back! So ill have Young in my Distrcit! (: So excited!!
Oh PSx2 Ill send pics next week I cant send them here in this Cyber!

No comments:

Post a Comment