Monday, August 18, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 8/18/2014)

I am loving Chilpancingo! The people here are so amazing! Hermana Canaan is such a sweetheart too! Haha she doesnt speak ANY english.. and not gonna lie I dont know what shes saying like 30 percent of the time haha! I am so excited to work here though! Its amazing to see the Lords hand in my life. He is so willing to help us-especially when we ask. My testimony on the power of prayer has grown so much here on the mission. Im so grateful for all the lessons im able to learn here in this special time. I will be eternally grateful for my mission!!

So this week was full of crazy stories! First off, when I took my first shower, the whole nob flew off and starting spraying water at me! Aparently the shower is broken and my comp didnt tell me! Sooo I get to shower in a bucket again (: We also ate the same meal this week, literally for 3 days in a row! Taquitos for daysss! And one day when we were eating with a member, lightning landed 5 houses away from us! Ive never experienced anything like it-it was crazy! Everything shook and it was so bright and loud! And craziest story happened last night..  we were late to an appointment, so my comp said lets try to take a shortcut! So we crossed a tiny bridge and started hiking up this tiny pathway (pretty much in the forest) And all the sudden a tiny little dog starts barking at me ( I was first) and almost bites us! So we turned around but by this time, other dogs had come to see what was going on. Above us (up the hill) were 2 big dogs, and on the other side of us were probably the scariest dogs ive ever seen in my life. Their teeth were huge. They were pretty much wolves and yes I felt like Bell in the forest! We were completly surrounded by dogs. I completely just anticipated the bites and to be tackled to the ground to be eaten. My comp screamed and I looked up to the Heavens and said "Heavenly Father please help us"  And exactely right after I said those words, A little boy came from the top of the hill and scared the dogs away with his little lighter (Dont know how it worked but it did!) He was literally our saving angel! We ran up the rest of the hill, and he said "Are you bitten?" And we said No were okay! And he said "Those dogs ALWAYS bite whoever comes up that path..." It was a pure miracle that we got out safe! I know there were angels protecting us. There is no other way we would have made it out safely!

But back to the important stuff- We found a very special family this week! They have a daughter named America that has downs, and every member of the family is so so tender. They all accepted baptismal dates (Mom, Dad, and the Nanny), and are so receptive to the lessons! They just soak up every word! The mom is pregnant again too! This gospel is going to change their lives! I cant wait for the day when they can be sealed as a family!

Also an entire family came with us one day for an hour and a half to give us references! It was incredible! Its so so amazing to have the help of the members. Missionary work really is for EVERY member! We are all in this together! I want to challenge you guys to help someone come closer to Christ. Pray and ask Heavenly Father who you can help and what you can do to help this person and I promise he will answer you. He WILL put someone in your mind! Everyone can come closer to Christ. And I promise as you do this, you will find so much more joy and will be SO blessed!

My scripture of the week is D & C 112:13
"And after their temptations and much tribulation, behold, I, the Lord, will feel after them, and if they harden not thir hearts, and stiffen not their necks against me, they shall be converted, and I will heal them. "

Con mucho amor,
Your Brookie Cookie (:
LES AMO!!
And ps to all yall who started school this week... Have fun (;

No comments:

Post a Comment