Monday, August 11, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 8/11/2014)

Hey my loved ones! Wow so much has happened in the last couple days...

First off I LEFT YAUTEPEC, Cuautla. I am now in CHILPANCHINGO, GUERRERO!!! I left the state of Moreles (So im now closer to the ocean if that helps you guys haha)! We had emergency transfers because of an incident that happened to me. But no worries ALL IS GOOD! I am fine and healthy! A little shaken up, but its all good (: I know I have angels protecting me. My new companion is Hermana Canaan! She is from Puebla Mexico! She has 4 months in the mission and she is so fun! She only has 3 weeks in this area, so we will be doing a lot of exploring! How fun right!? Were excited!

But back in Yautepec we had such a beautiful week! We found such an amazing woman named MariaLouisa (mom of a contact in the street). She accepted a baptism date and she told us that she knew that what we were teaching was true! She told us that she didnt let other preachers in her house before! The spirit guided the lesson so beautifully! I was also able to talk more spanish! It was incredible. I know she will be baptized soon by the other Missionaries!

We also had such a beautiful baptism!! His name is Arturo and his parents were just baptized about 4 weeks ago! His dad was actually able to baptize him too!! He received the Aaronic Priesthood this past week! Ahh soo soo tender! I've never seen anyone so happy! He literally just glowed and had the biggest smile on his face when he walked out of the waters of his baptism. It was so tender to see how happy his whole family was. They all have the goal of the temple in mind and look forward to being sealed in one year from now!!! I was so grateful to be apart of that beautiful moment.

I was also able to see some of my old investigators from Chapultepec yesterday!! They surprised me came to my ward! Ahh it was so amazing to see them!! I love the people of Chapultepec! And it was incredible to see their progress in the Church. You can literally see a difference in them! I am so grateful for this gospel and for this opportunity to share this happiness with others!

I am so excited to start working here in Chilpanchingo! I am always grateful for the opportunity to learn and grow. I love you all! Hope you are all doing well!!

Con MUCHO amor,
Brookie Cookie (:
Ps my new comp is the one with the orange skirt in this pic! (:





No comments:

Post a Comment