Monday, April 28, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 4/28/2014)

Hi my loved ones!! :)

I cannot believe that I have been in Mexico for a whole 6 weeks! A whole transfer! It blows my mind!
So this week was good! My spanish is SLOWLY coming.. Everyday I understand just a little bit more but I just want to be fluent already! The Lord is teaching me a lot of patience! But it is coming! I understand a lot more than I can speak!

This week was good! Both ups and downs! But the good always stands out more than the bad so its good(: I have come to love the people here so much! I have grown so close to so many of them and so many feel like family! They really do take such amazing care of us! It was cute i dont know if you guys remember Sahira (first person i invited to be baptized) her husband made me and my comp shoes!! So legit! mine are pink sandals and SO cute!! oh and she wont let us leave her shop without a ice cream. So ya another reason i am gaining weight yayyyyy. No but everyone is just great (:

So last night we had a very special experience with one of our investigators. Her name is Adriana (I think i mentioned her before!). We are teaching her mom (Adriana) and sister (Pauola). We had a set appointment to teach their family last night. They were waiting outside the building, and Adriana (daughter, 16) just told us how she wanted to get baptized this week! She said she knew the church was true with all her heart and she just wanted to be baptized as soon as she could! The problem is that she has only been to church twice with her family. (here in my mission, investigators have to attend church 5 times). We told her that she probably had to wait another three weeks, but we would talk to the elders! Elder Tvetin told us to tell her she would probably have to just wait the three weeks... She is still super excited to be baptized! I am so excited for her! It is incredible to see all these beautiful tender mercies first hand! Its crazy how the Lord uses us as his tools to be in the exact place at the exact time he needs us! Adriana and her mom found us by the way!
I have also been amazed at how fast people recognize us as servants of the Lord. People that we meet in the street open up to us about their lives in the first 2 minutes of talking to them. Its really tender to me that they trust me and Hermana Fernelius with their life stories and problems. One lady this past week cried to us on the sidewalk in the middle of the day. She has to take care of her mom (BTW me and fern are both cnas so we told her we can kinda relate) and just about her whole life story and that she has been praying so hard for help! and then she met us! ahh its so cool!

We also met a man this past week who wants us to start teaching him and his kids all speak ENGLISH.. like what! Fern said that before I came she never taught anyone who spoke english!

Our stake also had a primary program and it was probably the cutest thing ive ever seen! they had all the missionaries from our district be guides and take the different groups around to the different activitites they had prepared! Theyre theme was temples! And it is probably the cutest thing to see little mexican kids bear testimony on the importance of a temple marriage! Ahh heart melting!

So things with my comp are so so. She had a rough day today. and its really hard when she does not gonna lie. But its all good it will get better (: the lord has us together for a reason! I trust him!
But on the bright side we had 2 confirmations this week! It was the kids of the last family we baptized! They were out of town with their grandparents! We missed them so much! Tongiht we actually get to go have a family home evening with them im so excited! They LOVE hearing the gospel stories! And its so fun to have them be so excited to hear from us!

Okay funny fact of the week- So adriana (daughter) wanted to see a picture of my family so I pulled it out and she was like "Woahhh you guys are from the movies!!!!" hahah it was so funny! And then I happened to have a pic of blake with me(: so I showed them that and Adriana was like "Does he have a brother?!!" and i was like uhhh ya!! hes 16 (Brandon shes 15) So Im hooking you guys up one day! Shes pumped (:
But i love you all so so much!! have a great week! Miss you all!!! MWAH!

te amo!
Con mucho mucho amor,
Brookie Cookie (:

No comments:

Post a Comment