Monday, April 14, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 4/14/2014) [This is a Crazy Ride)

Hola my bonita loved ones!!

This week was another great week! Its crazy to see the tender mercies and miracles of the mission in first person. This week we found some escogidos (chosen ones)(golden investigators)! It was a family! The mom and two daughters all came to church on Sunday! The mom called us in the morning and told us that she would drive us to church! When we got there, the two daughters were outside putting the batery in the car and werent planning on coming because they werent ready. But we told them to hurry and get ready, we would wait for them! During the second hour, we heard the mom bear testimony in class about how she recognized the promptings of the spirit over the weekend to come to church! She said she couldnt sleep all night and finally remembered she had our number at about 5 in the morning and called us! During the 3rd hour, a member told us she had a strong impression that we needed to teach the young womens. So we taught about the resurrection, and after they went in a circle and bore testimony about the book of mormon. As it got closer to the two daughters I got nervous not knowing what would happen.. but it got to the oldest daughter (Adriana) and she took the book of mormon and started crying.. telling everyone that the missionaries could not have came at a more perfect time into their lives. They were going through some hard times, and looking for a religion! The night we taught them, she was watching tv (after we left) and then felt like she needed to read the BOM that we left them. After the first page, she knew it was true... She bore testimony to the whole young womens that she knew this church was true! I could not believe it!!!! There was not a dry eye in the room! Ahh these people are SO prepared by the lord!! It feels like a dream that I get to be apart of this wonderful work! The girls are even planning to go to mutual and girls camp in a couple weeks!!

We also have been teaching the guy who speaks English! ahh its so nice to teach in english! So we actually found out that he was baptized in 2002.... and ya he knows absolutely nothing about the church so were teaching him like an investigator! Its so nice to be able to actually be engaged in the lesson! ahh spanish is so hard! I got super discouraged this week.. During one of our visits to a less active I read a scripture and she turned to my comp and said I cant understand her can I read it? ...And i was like are you kidding me.. had a good cry outside the house. Ah and then Osvaldo (recent member, 16, love him such a good kid, goes with us everywhere haha!) walked up and said you have a zit on your face. And I was like wow I love this culture.

Bad news of the week- I did get sick on friday (thurs night)... And it was rough. Super super mean not gonna lie. I didnt know which end was gonna come out first.. never experienced anything like it before! I was throwing up every hour. We think it was from the food but were not sure! I had to stay home all day Friday.. I was sad we missed the sister training meeting. But I literally could not even stand. I just layed in bed and slept all day! But my wonderful companion took such good care of me! I had a really amazing experience through the sickness though. The first time I got up to go to the bathroom, I remember thinking "I dont need to put my hair back in a ponytail, theyll hold it back for me." And when I woke up in the morning and rememebered this, I rememebered that my hair never fell in my face when I threw up that time. I believe that Heavenly Father sent angels to take care of me that night. I felt so much love coming from BOTH sides of the veil. I remember going back to sleep after the first trip to the bathroom and hearing moms and raigens voice comforting me in my dream. I also felt like Blakes arms were wrapped around me all night. Members from our ward came and brought me drinks (rose the lady who lives under me in our ward brought me tea for my stomach! Yes I drank it.. sadly it was not good.. it was nasty! Ill try yours when I get back:)), medicine and tacos haha. And one memeber gave me a blessing! My first blessing in Spanish! It was incredible! I was so worried I would have another bad night, but I slept like a baby! I know that the power of Priesthood is so real! And I am so so so grateful that we have it here on the earth today. I am so grateful I have access to it through you worthy Priesthood holders!

Since next week is Easter, Happy Easter Everyone!!! I am so so grateful for our Savior. I love him with all my heart! I hope you guys have the best Easter Ever (:

Fun fact of the week- The pinatas here are SO legit!! Ill have to take a pic of one and send a pic sometime! also, they are obsessed with minions.. like its weird how much they love them.

Okay I love you all SO SO much! Have a fantastic week!! mwah!

Second fun fact of the week- So theres this family were teaching and the little girl (around 5) runs up to me with her barbie and yells "Este is su gemela!" Hahahah it means Its your twin! We were all dying!! So funny and SO cute!

Con mucho amor,
Brookie Cookie




No comments:

Post a Comment