Monday, April 21, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 4/21/2014)

Wow! Okay sooo ya crazy crazy week.. not sure where to start so here we go!

Okay so first off I experienced my first EarthQuake on Friday! yayyy!! It was insane! So so crazy. The worst of it hit on the coast. We heard that it was rated a 7? So we got the aftershocks! wahoo! Me and Fern were doing comp study and the table started shaking.. I thought it was Fernelius so I scooted my chair back and then i was still shaking! We looked at eachother and I yelled Earthquake!! haha ya i first went for my camera out of anything.. I thought I was filming the whole thing and then afterwards I found out I didnt press start! but it literally felt like we were on a boat in the sea.. We live on the second floor btw and our house is made out of concrete! So it was pretty powerful! But were great and safe so its all good (:

We also had interviews with pres Kusch! He is so awesome! They take such good care of us! This was acutally a super hard week im not gonna lie. Everyone was out of town for Easter-which btw they dont even really celebrate! Most people didnt even know it was Easter on Sunday! And its sad cause I love hollidays! But everyone either was out of town or had family over so no one had time for us. I was also super frustrated with my comp towards the beginning of the week. Thursday she just put her head on the table, woudlnt respond to me or anything.. I had to idea what to do. It was hard cause this was the day of Raigens birthday and Maddys wedding and I just wanted to cry and come home. I was like I could be with my family celebrating right now... I went into our bedroom and just cried to our Heavenly Father. I was literally on my hands and knees begging him for strength. And throughout the day and the weekend, Fernelius opened up about how she is so overwhelmed because on her mission she is learning that she just shuts down.. she explains it as going *numb*. She doesnt feel anything or care about anything. Its new to her too.. she just discovered it on her mission. Soo ya i dont know how to help her.. if you guys have any advice that would be great! Im actually really worried about her. But now that I know I can do more to help her! She has been doing a lot better the past couple days(:

Okay back to Easter- Saturday was weird. They had this guy carry his own cross in the road while people whipped him. and he wore a crown of thorns. It was super uncomfortable to hear about! Luckily I didnt see it.. we saw him the day before carrying the cross to his house. so ya weird fact of the week for yall! And I also spoke in church for the first time! They called us Friday and were like ya talk for 10 min on sunday. We were like uhhh we have to prepare talks for pres kusch! But with the help of the Lord we managed to pull it off (: I may or may not have been finishing it up during sacrament haha! But its crazy to see how the lord has blessed me individually. You all know how I hated to talk in sacrament.. like terrified and would say no haha! But once i start talking i just feel so peaceful. The lord really does look after us! I also got to hear Vania (first baptism) give a lesson in Relief Society! Oh my heavens its like she has been a memeber her whole life! It is so incredible to see and meet these people who are SO prepared by the lord! it really is such an incredible experience! And the lord is literally throwing us tender mercie after tender mercie and in just the moments we need them!

Next amazing news! (: So you know how our neighbor blasts his music and i love one song in particular? Anyway we ate with a less active this week and I knew the song was by Jose Jose ( she is obbsessed with him!) I sang part of the song for her and while she was trying to figure it out, her exhub ran off on his motorcycle. When he got back he had bought me one of jose joses cds!! And it has the song on it!! how freaking cute?! Too bad I cant listen to it for another 15 1/2 months haha! oh and btw jose jose is a famous mexican singer from the 60s. (:

I hope you are all doing amazing! I love all of you SO MUCH! Te Amo!! Take care! (:
con mucho mucho amor,
your Brookie Cookie (:




No comments:

Post a Comment