Monday, September 1, 2014

E-mail (Dated: 9/1/2014)

Wow I dont even know where to start this week.. So this week has been rough. It started Thursday morning when my comp woke up and told me her scalp itched.. yup she had lice. And it had been itching since SUNDAY.. and she told me THURSDAY. Ya I combed lice out of her hair for 3 hours that morning. Not my cup of tea... Heavenly Father has been answering my prayers and so far I dont have lice. Pray for me!
My health hasnt been too good this week, but it will all be good (: Just keep me in your prayers please. 
We have been teaching so many incredible families this week! The first one is la familia Calvo. They have two kids and they were so receptive to the first lesson! They accpeted a baptism date and I cant wait to see what happens with them! (: It was incredible to look back at the lesson and see how much Heavenly Father helped me talk in Spanish! Its incredible! SO grateful for the help of our Heavenly Father and Savior.
 We also had an amazing lesson with a mom and daughter- Rosy and Rosita- When we started the lesson, the mom had a super bad headache and at the end, she told us it was gone! She cried as she told us how hard her family life is (Her husband drinks and I think he abuses her) and I was able to promise her that this gospel would change and improve her life and the life of her family.She also told us she could feel all the fruits of the spirit- love, peace, happiness, etc. The only thing is she is having a hard time leaving the catholic church cause its all shes known. But i know as she learns more about our message, she will want to come to our church every sunday! (: 
We havent seen the family of America (Sweetheart who has downs) Because the mom has been sick (Shes prego) But ill update you next week (:
Oh and Im staying here in Chilpanchingo with my same comp. this transter! And I also hit 7 months on my mission this week.. where did time go?!

Okayy Scrip of the week: Heleman 5:12 
"And now, my sons, remember,remember that it is upon therock of our Redeemer, who isChrist, the Son of God, that yemust build your foundation;that when the devil shall sendforth his mighty winds, yea, hisshafts in the whirlwind, yea,when all his hail and his mightystorm shall beat upon you, itshall have no power over youto drag you down to the gulf ofmisery and endless wo,because of the rock uponwhich ye are built, which is asure foundation, foundationwhereon if men build theycannot fall."I have especially felt the truth of this scripture this week as I have fought my battles. I know that when Christ is our priority, everything else will fall into place. I know that we will be able to withstand all the firey darts and storms of the advesary. We will be strong enough to fight through ALL our battles, no matter how hard they may be, BECAUSE we have Christ on our side. I am so grateful for my Savior. I know he is always with us and I feel SO priveliged to wear his name.

Well I love you all! Have such a great week! And Happy labor day!! LES AMO!!
Your Brookie Cookie (:

No comments:

Post a Comment