Monday, March 16, 2015

E-mail (Dated: 3/16/2015)

Hey fam!

First off- NATHAN HAPPY BIRTHDAYYYYY!! (: I LOVE YOU!!!!! and my BABY CALLY!!! Hope you guys have an amazing birthdayyy!

It has been an awesome week! Me and Hermana Mills have felt that we have been so blessed and have seen so many miracles.

I have been so amazed by our investigator Jose (out little old man). He is still fighting so hard to stop his addiction. But he has shown his faith so much in this past week. On Wednesday he told us that he wouldn't be able to attend church this upcoming Sunday because a lady would be letting him wash her dishes and little side jobs in her house to gain some money to eat. He said yes because he literally has no money- not one peso in his pocket. Throughout the week, we pondered on what to tell him, and on Saturday, he ended up promising us he would come to the baptism that evening (of a different set of missionaries) and to church the next day. He told us that God was more important than money or food. I was so so touched by his faith. I've never seen a man of such faith. He has been such an incredible example to me and i will forever be grateful for the impact he has made in my life.
Eva and Salvador also came to the baptism on Saturday and they loved it. As I sat there with them, I knew that they too would soon be walking into the waters of baptism. (:

I'm grateful for the blessing to grow along side of these incredible people here in Mexico. I've pondered a lot this week how blessed I have been to be here on the mission. And it just makes me smile!

Con mucho amor,
Hermana Chynoweth aka Brookie Cookie
Oh I also forgot to mention, Jose wants to read the Book of Mormon with us in 65 days (: And he is doing it!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment